Thursday, July 28, 2011

Blue Feather Cushions

Have you ever noticed the Kookaburra's soft blue flecked feathers? I am sure the blue has some bigger purpose... but for me, I think it's a sweet contrast to their otherwise loud boisterous manner. It's such a beautiful soft blue and looks so subtle and feathery(for want of a better word) against their darker toned feathers. It is their blue feathers that inspired me to create a washed mixed blue print on our Feather Cushion. Although I paired an off white paint with the blues instead of using the darker taupey browns to create a more coastal feel. The marbled washed print gave the cushion a different feel bringing movement & texture to the birds wing design. I think it's kinda dreamy...perfect for the bedroom








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...