Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elkhorn's Central Coast Favourites - Avoca

I have been meaning to take you to a few of my favourite spots on the NSW, Central Coast.  It is a truly laid back & untouched, diverse place, where so much inspiration is drawn on, for Elkhorn. I didn't grow up here but it has always felt like home, having spent my whole childhood holidays at my grandparents house. So it holds a special place in my heart, which I would love to share with you.
Let me know what you think and feel free to contribute/comment on any places I missed or may of never discovered. I hope to get one posting out each week in no particular order.

AVOCA  - 91km north from Sydney
has always been a real holiday place with great surf. My usual spot is the south end of the beach and to be honest I have never made it up the other end. The locals are friendly & chilled. I usually grab a takeaway coffee from the beach kiosk, watch some surf action or try and catch a few waves myself (body surfing that is). 
I slightly cheated on this one and thought it would be nice to have a local tell us more about Avoca.


Sandra from Serenity Suds & Soaks is a new friend of Elkhorn's. Sandra makes beautiful aromatherapy products. We will both be at the Avoca Beachside Markets this Sunday 27th.


Tell us what you love most about living in Avoca?
There are so many things! I love the peace and quiet of where we live- in the treetops, with great birdlife.  Our fabulous, friendly neighbours. Avoca has a real community feel, a stunning beach, lots of trees and natural beauty,  great cafes and a truly relaxed lifestyle.
Its pretty much got it all!!


What's your ideal weekend in Avoca?
An early morning walk on the beach, with my husband and dog, grab the newspaper and then a lazy long breakfast- or better still the Point cafe for brekkie overlooking the beach.
Maybe catch a movie, or a short drive to Bouddi National Park for a bushwalk. A bit more pottering and reading- then a yummy meal out at The Funky Kitchen.. Of course, the fabulous Avoca Beachside Markets are great fun- music, great atmosphere, catch up with people and check out all the creative goodies on offer!


Are there any great local hang outs, that you can let us in on?
The new deli/cafe has really delicious cakes..these gorgeous little lavender cakes, really good coffee- and does a great breakfast.  Cass, at The Screaming Hippie always has interesting and original clothes, beachy, groovy things..
 
What gorgeous goodies from Serenity Suds and Soaks, can we expect to see at the upcoming Avoca Beachside Markets?
I've been busy making lots of olive oil soaps and  scented soy candles. All things aromatherapy basically- including some great essential oil blends, that are only available at the markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...